Chapter 12 Introduction
Our Main Goal:
Explore transformations and their effects on figures, especially in the coordinate plane.
By the end of this unit, you should understand and be able to:
- Represent transformations in the coordinate plane.
- Identify & compare transformations.
- Develop definitions of reflections, rotations, and translations.
- Perform transformations of geometric figures using geometry software.
- Specify & describe a sequence of transformations that will carry a given figure onto another.
This unit will consist of a series of lessons. You will be expected to complete each part of all lessons. You may work at your own pace, but you should try to complete one lesson per day to stay on pace. Make sure to take your time, take notes, and ask questions when you have them as there will be a quiz at the completion of the unit. You will be given a journal, where you will record answers to exploration activity questions, your notes, and reflections on the lessons. You will be graded on daily participation, your journal, and your unit quiz.